This is done by providing technical assistance services to countries to develop the critical structures, systems, institutions and human resources for public-sector administration as well as in crucial development areas. The technical assistance services include a package of:
- policy workshops, which review and formulate policies and launch regional and country initiatives;
- policy training courses, which train change leaders for policy initiatives;
- advisory missions, which assist with national policy formulation and implementation;
- ιn-country training courses, which develop the human resources needed for initiatives;
- institutional development; and
- research and publications, which review the results and feed back into the policy workshops.