INTRAWAY promotes the installation and strengthening of essential national capacities of public administration required for good governance and national development, based on the experience of EC best practices and values.
This is done by providing technical assistance services to countries to develop the critical structures, systems, institutions and human resources for public-sector administration as well as in crucial development areas. The technical assistance services include a package of:
- policy workshops, which review and formulate policies and launch regional and country initiatives;
- policy training courses, which train change leaders for policy initiatives;
- advisory missions, which assist with national policy formulation and implementation;
- ιn-country training courses, which develop the human resources needed for initiatives;
- institutional development; and
- research and publications, which review the results and feed back into the policy workshops.
Our approach is theory based (using logic models and systems analysis) but practical, focusing on developing a common understanding with our clients on how support to capacity development can assist an organisation to function more effectively within its context.